What Health Expert Says?
According to health experts, the virus transmits quickly via contaminated surfaces (when an infected person coughs and touches the surface). That’s why it is recommended to clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces frequently during the COVID-19 pandemic. Keeping a house clean and virus-free should be your topmost priority. It can help you in keeping the virus at bay.
In case, you are moving out of rental premises during this outbreak, then consider hiring professionals who can offer you a thorough end of lease cleaning in Newcastle using the most effective cleaning products and disinfectants. They can bring back the lost shine of your rental premises and disinfect all the contaminated surfaces so that you can get your full bond money back without any conflict.
However, if you are looking for some daily cleaning and disinfecting tips, then read this article carefully. These tips will keep COVID-19 out of your home and keep your family safe and healthy.
1. Deep Clean your House
It is important to know that removing tough stains, dust particles and mould is not the same thing as disinfecting the surface to kill germs and viruses. First, you need to clean the surface by getting rid of dirt, spills, stains and grease using the soapy water or vinegar solution.
It is vital to clean the contaminated surface because bacteria and virus can lurk easily in such areas. So, scrub off stains and grime properly before disinfecting the surface.
Tip: Cleaning and disinfection are two different steps that need to be followed to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus.
2. Know the Most Effective Disinfecting Products
Believe it or not! But you can’t use any random cleaning product to kill germs and bacteria from your house. To kill COVID-19 virus, you need a product that has at least 70 % alcohol concentration.
Well, the EPA provides a complete list of disinfectants that work effectively on killing harmful viruses like novel coronavirus. You can buy the following products for your home:
• Lysol or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
• Disinfectant Sprays from the same brand
• Hydrogen Peroxide
• Isopropyl Alcohol
Tip: Make sure you follow the proper techniques while using these products to disinfect surfaces. It is good to leave the product on the surface for 5-10 minutes before wiping to kill germs and bacteria.
3. Focus on High-Touch Surfaces
Cleaning a house from top to bottom is not possible on a daily basis. Instead, focus on disinfecting the surfaces that are hot-spots for bacteria and germs. You should clean and disinfect high-touch areas of your house frequently during this pandemic. The key areas to disinfect are:
• Cabinets and cupboard knobs
• Light Switches
• Handles of kitchen appliances (refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and oven)
• Remove controls
• Kitchen counters
• Table Surfaces
• Mobile devices or Cell phones
• Laptop and computer keyboards
• Toilet Seat
• Kid’s Toys
• Staircase Railings
Do not forget to disinfect these surfaces regularly if you want to give your family a clean and healthy environment for living. Make sure you wear gloves throughout the process and wash your hands after you clean and disinfect your home.
4. Clean and Disinfect Soft Surfaces
Surfaces like carpets, rugs, furniture and drapes also need to be cleaned and disinfected in order to keep the virus at bay. Many professional end of lease cleaners in Newcastle deep clean these areas using a high-quality vacuum machine and effective cleaning products. If you want to protect your home from unwanted viruses, then do these things:
• Clean the surface using either specialised cleaning product or homemade agent (water and vinegar) to treat tough stains.
• Use disinfectant sprays to kill viruses and germs from carpets and rugs. It is good to let the product sit on the surface for 10 minutes for better results.
• For clothes and other launder items, you can use the warm water setting to get rid of germs and don’t forget to dry them completely.
• Make sure you vacuum carpets, rugs and furniture daily to get rid of accumulated dust and debris during this outbreak.
5. Disinfecting Electronics
Do not forget to disinfect your electronics such as touch screens, tablets, cell phones, remote controls and keyboards in the proper way. Consider the following tricks while disinfecting electronics:
• Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions while cleaning and disinfecting such items.
• Use alcohol-based wipes to disinfect electronic items.
• Make sure you dry them thoroughly.
These are some great hacks that will help you in keeping COVID-19 virus out of your home. Make sure you follow the safety guidelines strictly, especially while moving out of your leased property.
It is good to hire experienced people who can come to your place with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE kit) and carry out the end of lease cleaning in Newcastle using the effective cleaning products and disinfectants.