In New South Wales, this sum could be up to four weeks of rent, and it is lodged with the NSW Fair Trading by the landlord within ten working days after its payment. To receive a complete repayment of this security deposit, the lessee has to leave the rental property in the same clean state it was in at the start of the tenancy.
Thus, most tenants get bond cleaning done by professional end of lease cleaners in Newcastle who can complete this strenuous activity with a few hours. The professionals can deep clean houses and units expertly and increase your chances of getting the bond back in full.
However, if you want to deep clean your rental house or unit yourself, outline your tasks to save time and energy. Here is a complete bond cleaning checklist you can follow to make your rental property neat and tidy.
Vacuum or Dust Every Area
Start the process of bond cleaning by vacuuming and dusting every part of the house/unit. Clean to bottom like professional end of lease cleaners in Newcastle for preventing recontamination of sanitised areas and complete the task within a stipulated time.
Use a high-performance vacuum cleaner and a microfiber duster with a telescopic handle to remove cobwebs, dust, debris, and other contaminants. Make sure you pay extra attention to ceilings, fans, lights, and the corners.
Note: Perform these activities in all rooms before moving to another task. To maintain speed and rhythm of cleaning, keep supplies on hand and set deadlines.
Spot-Clean Walls and Wash Windows
Walls accumulate dust, dirt, grime, and scuff marks over time, especially if you have children and pets at home. Therefore, sanitising them is necessary, and you can use microfiber cloths, magic erasers, baking soda and various other products and tools.
Besides cleaning the walls, wash the windows with soap and water. Make sure you focus on the tracks and frames as well while sanitising windows.
Before you spot-clean walls or wash windows, always test the products and tools on an inconspicuous spot like professional end of lease cleaners in Newcastle to avoid paint chipping, scratches, swirls or discolouration.
Sanitise the Bathroom
Often tenants cannot get a complete bond repayment because they clean the bathroom inadequately. It is a difficult but important room which you can deep clean by doing the following tasks.
- Apply cleaners on the toilet, bathtub/shower area and sink. Meanwhile, wash tiles and grouts
- Clean and wipe top to bottom the mirrors, cabinets, countertops, slabs, lights, switches, and other fixtures.
- Wash the toilet paying attention to its behind, u-bend, seat and water tank.
- Wash the sink along with the faucets
- Clean the shower glass, shower head, and taps before scrubbing and washing the bathtub/shower areas
- Wash the floor with a suitable cleaner, then wipe with a mop saturated with disinfecting solution
Spruce the Kitchen
The kitchen is among the dirtiest areas in the house because household members regularly and commonly use it. Therefore, you need to pay extra attention while cleaning it. Here are the things you need to do.
- Wipe the tiles, cabinets, switches, lights, and other fixtures
- Clean the oven, stove, microwave, refrigerator and appliances
- Unclog and sanitise the drain or garbage disposal
- Wash the taps and sink
- Wipe the countertops and slabs
- Sweep and mop the floors
Necessary Living Rooms Clean-up Tasks
After sanitising the kitchen and bathroom, move to tidying the living rooms by performing the following tasks.
- Wipe and clean wardrobes, drawers, cabinets, and other storage units
- Vacuum the carpets and upholstery. In case they were sanitised by professionals before you moved in, book end of lease cleaners in New castle who can steam clean or shampoo them
- Clean the baseboards
- Sanitise high touchpoints like switches, door handles, rails, countertops, slabs, mirrors, etc.
- Sweep and mop floors
Don’t Skip Cleaning Outdoor Areas
End of lease cleaning includes the exterior areas and fixtures; thus, you should do the following.
- De-weed and mow the lawn or yard
- Wash the deck, entryway, and any other pathways
- Wipe the door, furniture, rails, and home décor items
- Sanitise the storage units in the garage and spot clean the walls
- Sweep and mop the garage floor
Hire Professionals for Special Services
If you need to get additional things done to claim your security deposit in addition to the bond clean, look for a reputed end of lease cleaning company in Newcastle that offers additional services.
These services can include pest control, fumigation, wall-washing, carpet cleaning, etc. The professionals have the equipment, expertise and experience to perform particular tasks within a few hours.
The Bottom Line
Follow this checklist to move out of a rental property successfully and leave it in a reasonably clean state. By streamlining your work, you save time and energy plus substantially increase your chances of getting your entire bond back.
If DIY bond cleaning is not your cup of tea, consider hiring affordable and reliable end of lease cleaners in Newcastle to return your rental real estate in pristine condition.