To move out of a property successfully, tenants need to return the property in the same clean and pristine condition as it was at the start of the tenancy. Thus the end of lease cleaning needs to be performed.
Tenants often hire professional end of lease cleaners in Newcastle to get their rented property deep cleaned and increase their chances of complete bond repayment. However, many choose to perform DIY bond cleaning too, and if you are among them, it is imperative to understand it is different from regular cleaning.
Bond cleaning requires time, energy and effort. You need to streamline your tasks to do the needful without getting confused or stressed. Thus, here is a complete end of lease cleaning checklist for you to follow to get your bond back in full. Have a look.
Declutter and Ensure the Property is Empty
Prepare for the end of lease cleaning by decluttering your property contents, packing things of use, and having them moved by professional removalists in time. Before you start cleaning your rental property, it is imperative the real estate is empty.
Even professional end of lease cleaners in Newcastle prefer having properties empty on the job date. Many have policies that mention a job cannot be booked unless the property is promised to be empty on the day of cleaning.
Dust and Vacuum All Surfaces/Fixtures
After the property is empty, dust and vacuum all the surfaces and fixtures in the property to remove dust, dirt, cobwebs, and other contaminants. Pay extra attention to commonly used areas such as the kitchen, bathroom, living room, etc.
While doing these activities start from the top and make your way down. Also, clean in a circular pattern from left to right. Techniques like these are used by the experienced end of lease cleaners in Newcastle to prevent cleaned areas from getting re-contaminated and complete tasks effectively and efficiently.
Clean the Kitchen
It is among the house's dirtiest areas as it is a high-traffic room and many illness-causing germs thrive here. To clean the kitchen, perform the following tasks.
- Using a non-toxic cleaner, sanitise the cabinets, shelves, cupboards, and other storage units in the house
- Wipe windows and doors including their tracks and frames
- Wash the sink
- Clean hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, or any other appliance
- Clean and disinfect the countertops, slabs, faucets, switches, knobs, etc.
- Remove mineral stains, limescale, mould, or any else from surfaces/fixtures
- Sweep and mop the floors. If the floors are heavily soiled, wash them before moping.
Clean the Bathroom
The next room to pay extra attention to is the bathroom and here are important tasks you need to perform for end of lease cleaning.
- Apply the cleaner on toilet, bathtub, and sink
- Meanwhile, clean the cabinets, drawers, shelves, and other units
- Wipe or wash tiles, walls, mirrors, shower glass and other surfaces
- Wash the toilet, bathtub and sink. Ensure limescale, mould, mineral stains and other marks are removed completely.
- Sweep, wash and mop the floors.
Clean Other Rooms
After the bathroom and kitchen are sanitised, you can move on to clean the other rooms of the house. Here are the tasks to focus on.
- Remove any trash from the rooms
- Wipe and clean countertops, slabs, fixtures, and surfaces
- Spot clean walls and baseboards
- Clean and disinfect high touch items like knobs, handles, switches, faucets, stair rails, etc.
- Clean tiles and grouts
- Sweep and mop the Floors
If your rented property has carpets, then you need to vacuum, shampoo or steam clean them depending on how they were cleaned before your tenancy started. Your landlord cannot force you to get the carpets cleaned by professionals.
However, if the carpets were cleaned by professional end of lease cleaners in Newcastle before your tenancy, then you need to hire expert cleaners as well.
Pay Attention to Outdoor Areas
End of lease cleaning doesn't mean cleaning the indoor areas of the house, but it also includes the outdoor areas as well. Therefore, make sure you do the following tasks as well.
- Mow the lawn
- Wash the entry stairs and pathway
- Vacuum the windows, door and fixtures
- Sweep and mop the garage floors
End of lease cleaning is a crucial activity every tenant needs to perform for moving out successfully and getting the bond back in full. You can hire professional end of lease cleaners in Newcastle or use the checklist mentioned above to ensure your rented property is returned in the same clean and pristine condition it was in at the start of your tenancy.