However, many people don’t realise that their homes need thorough cleaning too. Newborns have developing immune system and their little bodies don’t have the strength to fight various illness-causing bacteria, viruses, and germs found in homes.
After the hospital, the baby’s next stop is the house and to make it a nest for your bundle of joy, you have to sanitise it. If you are a parent-to-be, here is your complete guide by professional end of lease cleaners in Newcastle on how to deep clean your house to welcome a new baby.
Declutter and Organise
The first step for making your house ready for your baby is to declutter. You should remove all the unnecessary items and things you haven’t used for six months. Your baby’s new things will need proper placement and without decluttering you cannot utilise your house’s space.
Start decluttering the room which will be the baby’s nursery or where most of his/her things will be placed. Make three boxes in which you will put items to discard, donate or resell. Declutter all the rooms similarly and try to keep only the things of importance.
After the declutter, organise the rooms by storing things in storage units and containers. If necessary, invest in portable shelf cases or wardrobes to keep your baby’s clothes, feeding items, toys, diapers, wipes, towels, etc. Keep things perpendicular and parallel to the wall and each other to make the rooms look neat and tidy.
Clean the Kitchen
Cleaning the kitchen deeply is of utmost importance before the arrival of your newborn. The kitchen is among the dirtiest rooms in the house and researches say it is home to a host of disease-causing pathogens. Here is a kitchen cleaning checklist for you to deep clean this room like end of lease cleaners in Newcastle. Have a look.
- Vacuum the walls and ceiling to remove cobwebs, dust, and debris. Spot clean the walls.
- Remove items from cabinets, drawers, and shelves and start dusting. Next, wipe the storage units with a cleaning solution and microfiber cloth. Spray with disinfectant and let the units air dry.
- Clean the stove with a sponge and dishwashing liquid. Wipe the residues with wet and dry microfiber cloths. Wash the holders separately in the sink and let them air dry before putting them back on the stove. Disinfect the appliance with a safe and non-flammable product.
- Spray cleaning solution on the countertops and slabs then wipe with a clean towel or microfiber cloth. Disinfect these surfaces as well.
- Clean the oven, microwave and dishwasher with a solution of white vinegar, dishwashing liquid and warm water.
- Sweep and mop the floors.
Clean and Disinfect the Baby’s Nursery
If you have a room which you will use as the baby’s nursery, then remove all the things and furniture from the room before cleaning. Here is what you need to do
- Dust and vacuum the room
- Clean and disinfect shelves, cupboards, or wardrobes or any other built-in storage units.
- Spot the walls and wipe them
- Clean the windows and doors including the tracks and frames
- Sweep and mop the floor
Get the Carpets Cleaned
Getting your carpets sanitised by professional end of lease cleaners in Newcastle is a practical solution for parents to be. Your carpets accumulate dust, dirt, food debris, allergens and pollutants that affect the indoor air quality. Additionally, carpets become breeding grounds for bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
Thus, hire experts via a reputed end of lease cleaning company in Newcastle. The cleaners have high-quality equipment, the right cleaning products, and knowledge to clean and disinfect carpets effectively and efficiently.
Sanitise Upholstery, Curtains, Beddings, and other Fabric Covers
Similar to carpets, these things can accumulate dust mites and a host of pollutants along with germs. Before your baby arrives, make sure you wash the beddings, curtains, and fabric covers. Additionally, you should vacuum and steam clean the upholstery to deep clean all the furniture in the house.
Dust, Vacuum, Sweep, and Mop All Rooms
Follow these steps in all the rooms of your house to make it neat and clean for your baby. Always start from top to bottom and move left to right to avoid recontamination of cleaned areas and get the tasks done within a few hours like end of lease cleaners in Newcastle.
Additionally, make sure you perform an activity in all rooms before starting the next. It will save you time and energy shuffling through cleaning supplies and starting the process anew with every room.
Cleaning and disinfecting your home before the arrival of your newborn is essential to keep the baby healthy and develop his/her immune system. You can hire professional cleaners via a reputed end of lease cleaning company in Newcastle that offers deep cleaning services.
Alternately, you can use the tips mentioned above to deep clean your house to welcome your baby. Whichever option you choose, ensuring your baby comes home to a clean and tidy house is necessary.