As a tenant, when you are at the end of your tenancy and need to move out, you are legally obligated to fulfil specific terms of the lease contract for getting your bond back. One of the major requirements is end of lease cleaning, which is different from regular or spring cleaning. It is a type of deep cleaning tenants in New Castle, New South Wales, and other parts of Australia are required to conduct to leave a rented property as the term of the lease ends.
Property owners and realtors are exceptionally stringent about bond inspections. According to a study, approximately 19% of New South Wales tenants do not get bond amount back because the property is dirty.
So, if you are a tenant and your lease contract is ending, you have to undertake the daunting and challenging task of end of lease cleaning. You can either do it yourself or hire professional cleaners who conduct end of lease cleaning in New Castle at affordable rates. It all boils down to your preference.
However, with less time to spare and little motivation for undertaking the monotonous task of cleaning, more and more people in Australia are opting for hiring affordable end of lease cleaning companies in New Castle. Due to this growing demand, the industry has grown at a steady pace of 4.3%, and it is estimated, the growth will escalate in the coming years.
What Is The Best Way To Clean At The End Of Tenancy?
Deep cleaning your entire house for ending your tenancy is a major responsibility. It requires attention to detail and following a proper cleaning checklist to ensure your home is squeaky clean, not including fair wear and tear. So, what is the best way to clean at the end of the tenancy for you? Read on to know.
Do It Yourself
Choosing to deep clean the house yourself is a huge decision. End of lease cleaning is different from regular cleaning. It is mentally jarring and physically strenuous. To do end of lease cleaning yourself, you have to have the following.
- At least 1-2 days to clean without interruptions
- Non-toxic and homemade cleaning products and high-quality cleaning equipment
- Support of family members, friends, or others who can help you clean.
- The stamina to carry out cleaning for hours
- Knowledge of what property owners and realtors expect from the end of lease cleaning
If you have all these things, then you may consider doing end of lease cleaning yourself but be warned it needs to be done correctly to get your entire bond back.
Over the years, more people have turned to professional end of lease cleaners in New castle to avail services for bond cleaning, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, gutter cleaning, spring cleaning etc. Reasons why people are choosing professional cleaners, are mentioned follows. Read them to know, if calling experts will be the best for you too.
- To delegate the back-breaking task of end of lease cleaning
- People with full-time jobs don’t have time to invest.
- There are children, toddlers, or pets at home that make DIY cleaning difficult.
- People either have a disability, serious/ life-threatening disease or any other physical/mental ailment restricting them.
- The chances of securing the entire bond are higher when professionals are involved.
What Are The Pros And Cons?
The pros of hiring professional cleaners outweigh the pros of DIY end of cleaning. Even the cons of calling professionals are lesser than undertaking the strenuous task of end of tenancy cleaning.
Pros of Hiring Professionals
The most significant advantages of hiring a professional end of lease cleaners in New Castle are:
- They know what realtors and property owners mean and require from an end of lease cleaning.
- Professional cleaners from reputed companies adhere to the cleaning checklist approved by REINSW.
- They have the latest equipment, years of experience, and knowledge to do deep cleaning within hours.
- Industry ethics and codes bind professional cleaners.
- You can ask for a re-clean if the job is not up to the mark.
- They take numerous before and after photos as proofs.
Cons of Hiring Professionals
The disadvantages of hiring professional cleaners are:
- Getting your house cleaned professionally can be expensive
- If you don’t research and hire without verifying, you are susceptible to fraud and overcharging.
Pros of DIY End of Lease Cleaning
The biggest advantages of doing end of lease cleaning yourself are:
- It is cheaper. You don’t have to set a specific budget for cleaning.
- You don’t have to hassle yourself with finding a reliable company.
- Availability of cleaners and when to clean is not an issue.
Cons of DIY End of Lease Cleaning
The disadvantages of DIY cleaning are:
- You may lose a lot of valuable time.
- You have to apply a significant amount of elbow grease.
- You can end up doing a bad job and have money deducted from your security deposit.
- You can injure yourself trying to reach or clean certain areas
- You can cause damage to surfaces, items, or areas.
- It is hard to motivate yourself to perform end of lease cleaning.
- You have to do all the planning, get the supplies, and put in all the effort yourself.
- You may or may not get help from others to do the strenuous task of DIY cleaning.
Although DIY bond cleaning was the norm, more and more people are opting for hired help, as it is easier and the chances of securing your bond are significantly higher. There is a reason a growing number of people are hiring professional cleaners to do end of lease cleaning in New Castle.
Some property owner or realtors even ask for the end of lease cleaning to be done professionally and mention it in the lease contract. Considering all these factors, the best way to clean at the end of the tenancy is to hire expert help.