Carpets are one of the most affordable flooring options in Newcastle. Having them installed in a house has many advantages. They are noise absorbent, which hard floors are not.They have insulating properties, which is great for homes in places with cold weather conditions. Carpets offer stability due to their non-slip surfaces. Also, they are safe and best for households with children.
Since carpets are a part of your daily life and have high wearability, it is important to give them proper maintenance and care. Some people clean carpets in months while others clean them yearly.According to reputed end of lease cleaning companies in Newcastle, ideally, carpets should be vacuumed and cleaned every week. They also recommended opting for expert carpet cleaning services every fortnight.
However, if it is not feasible for you to have professional cleaners due to time constraints, finances or any other reason, you can make a cleaning solution according to your carpet type or the efficacy quotient. But to make one, you need supplies.Most of the ingredients will be available at your home, and the rest can be bought from your nearest general store or supermarket. Read on to know different cleaning solutions and things you’ll need to make them.
The Master Cleaning Solution
Many end-of-lease cleaners in Newcastle use this solution. It works as a cleaner and a conditioner. This solution is safe to use on most carpet types, and it is the closest to a commercial cleaner. To make the solution you will need:
- Hot water – 1 bucket
- Laundry liquid detergent – 1-quarter
- White King Fabric Stain Remover (Oxy-Powder) – 1 scoop
- Fabric Softer – 1 teaspoon
The Natural Cleaning Solution
If you have children or pets at home, it is best to make this aromatic and non-toxic carpet cleaning solution. It is made with natural ingredients, and you will find them all at home. You will need:
- White vinegar – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt – 2 teaspoons
- Essential oil of your preference – 15-20 drops
The Grease-Cutter Cleaning Solution
If your carpet has oil stains or greasy marks, you can make this simple but powerful cleaning solution with:
- Water – 1 ½ cups
- Hydrogen Peroxide – 3 quarters of a cup
- Essential oil of your preference – 5-10 drops
The Powder Cleaning Solution
- To make a potent and strong cleaner, you can use powder ingredients. Not all cleaning solutions have to be liquid to work on carpets. The things you’ll need to make this are:
- Borax powder – 1 cup
- Baking Soda – 1 cup
- Essential oil of your preference – 15-20 drops
- Dry Herbs or Flowers – 1-2 tablespoons
It is your choice to make whichever solution you find the most suitable. The methods to test and use them are the same.
Method To Test The Solution
To gauge if a solution is suitable for your carpet, you need to do a spot test. Make a small amount of the solution you wish to use. Then apply it on a hidden or unnoticeable area of the carpet. It can be a corner or area under furniture.
Let the solution soak for about 24 hours (recommended) or overnight. It is safe to use the solution on the rest of the carpet if the test spot remains undamaged and its colour, texture, and general appearance are unaffected.
Method To Use A Solution & Clean
To use the solution uniformly and in controlled proportions, you will need a spray bottle or sprinkler. After you have prepared the solution, pour it in the bottle and apply it manually on the affected areas.
- To clean thoroughly, section the carpet into 3-4 parts and work on one section at a time. To avoid soiling the cleaned areas, work your way out towards the ends.
- Let the cleaning solution soak the carpet for at least 10 minutes. In case you don’t have time, you can clean the carpet immediately but permeating the fabric will lead to better results.
- Once a section is soaked, scrub it with a napping brush. Ensure the bristles are stiff to deep clean and smoothen the carpet.
- A stiff brush will budge the fabric and get rid of dust, gunk, and other deposits.
- After scrubbing, let the solution dry, and in case of powder solution let it soak the smells and stains. Once the carpet is dry, vacuum it meticulously. Vacuum over an area twice or thrice to ensure the residues are properly collected.
Be cautious while cleaning your carpet. Many people void their carpet’s warranty by applying unapproved cleaning products. If your carpet is under warranty, ensure you read the terms and conditions.
Each manufacturer in Newcastle has different warranties and most exempt vacuuming. Therefore, keep it clean regularly to avoid build up of dirt. For stains consult the maintenance manual to know which products you can use.
Carpets require thorough cleansing once in a while. You can try to keep them neat, but you should hire expert carpet cleaners. They have years of experience and modern cleaning techniques.
Other reasons why you should opt for professional end of lease cleaning companies in Newcastle are as follows:
- Reputed end of lease cleaners with ample experience save you the time and hassle especially if you have children or pets at home.
- If you don’t have time to clean your carpet regularly, the experts can clean it thoroughly using advanced techniques.
- Professional end of lease cleaners in Newcastle can steam-clean or vacuum-clean your carpet as per requirement.
- You can also opt for carpet shampooing services offered by many Newcastle end of lease cleaning companies.
- Trained carpet cleaners in Newcastle employ quick drying and non-toxic methods to clean. Also, they help make your carpet odourless.
Carpet cleaning may seem daunting. But, if you vacuum your carpet every week and adopt a clean-as-you-spill policy, then maintaining it will be easier. It will benefit you to have cleaning supplies handy. Have a microfiber cloth and a brush nearby. This way can soak up spillage immediately with the cloth or brush out dust, crumbs and other particles as you see them.