Failing to fulfil the task of cleaning and disinfecting the rented house or unit can lead to the landlord making deductions from the security deposit or keep it entirely. Therefore, it is crucial for every tenant to deep clean the property before moving out to receive their full bond money.
It is common for people to assume the end of tenancy cleaning and regular cleaning are the same, which leads to confusion and stress because both are significantly different. To get your bond back entirely, it is crucial to understand the difference.
Here is your complete guide by professional end of lease cleaners in Newcastle outlining what is regular cleaning, what is the end of lease cleaning, what are the benefits of both types of sanitations and when should you seek the assistance of experts.
What is Regular Cleaning?
Regular cleaning comprises of the day to day or weekly cleaning tasks that you perform to maintain general sanitation of your home. These tasks are necessary for keeping the appearance of your abode, and for preventing the accumulation of dust, dirt, stains, marks, and other contaminants.
What’s more, general cleaning is imperative to inhibit the growth of illness-causing bacteria, viruses, fungi and other pathogens. As per professional cleaners in Newcastle, here are some of the tasks that are done as part of regular cleaning.
- Decluttering and dusting for general sprucing
- Wiping accessible and commonly-used areas such as countertops, tables, kitchen and bathroom surfaces, furniture, gadgets, and more.
- Vacuuming or brushing carpets
- Washing laundry and dishes
- Sweeping and mopping hard floors
- Disposing of the garbage
- Cleaning any debris, particles or other contaminants from upholstery, curtains, beddings, and other areas
These are examples of regular cleaning tasks, and according to each home these may vary. It is important to note while these tasks are necessary for general upkeep of the house, they are not enough for end of lease cleaning.
What is the End of Tenancy Cleaning?
End of lease cleaning is a form of deep sanitation that is performed when the tenant has to move out of his/her rented property and secure their bond money. Usually, lease agreements have clauses for end of tenancy cleaning to ensure the property is returned in the same condition it was in at the start of the tenancy.
If you are a tenant, then it is important to know what kind of tasks needs to be performed for getting your bond money back. According to the professional end of lease cleaners in Newcastle usually, the following tasks comprise of the end of tenancy cleaning.
- Dusting and vacuuming of all surfaces, fixtures, and areas of the property
- Cleaning cupboards, wardrobes, cabinets, and other storage units
- Cleaning of windows and doors including the blinds, tracks and frames
- Deep cleaning of bathroom, kitchen, living room, outside area and any other room in the property
- Spot-cleaning of walls, baseboards, floors, tiles etc.
- Cleaning and disinfecting sinks, garbage disposals, showers, bathtubs, toilets, and fixtures
- Vacuuming, steaming or shampooing of carpets
- Sanitising hard-to-reach or neglected areas
- Oven, Barbeque, or other major appliance cleaning activities
- Sweeping and mopping of all hard floors on the property
In addition to these tasks, you can get additional things done as per the requirement to get your bond money back. These may include pest control, upholstery cleaning, mould remediation, fumigation, wall-washing, and much more.
When to Seek the Assistance of Professional Cleaners?
Generally, for regular housekeeping tasks, tenants or homeowners don’t need the assistance of professional cleaners. However, they can be hired for deep cleaning your house as per requirements such as before a big occasion, holiday seasons, after repairs/refurbishments/renovations, etc.
Besides these scenarios, seeking professional assistance is usually necessary for end of lease cleaning because landlords may ask for receipts to release the bond money. Therefore, it would be wise to read your lease contract to check if you can perform the final sanitation yourself or end of lease cleaning experts in Newcastle need to be booked.
If you are serious about getting your bond back, then it would be best to seek the assistance of professional cleaners because they have experience, training, and skills. In addition, end of lease cleaning experts in Newcastle have approved cleaning checklists and the right supplies for completing jobs effectively and efficiently.
Regular Cleaning is a crucial activity everyone should perform in their home for a variety of reasons. Sanitising your abode has many benefits, among which the most important ones are that the indoor air quality remains good, and household members don’t fall sick repeatedly.
End of tenancy cleaning is vital for moving out of a rented property successfully and getting your bond money back. It is a form of deep cleaning which is only performed when tenants have to leave a property and return it in the same condition it was at the start of the tenancy. Both are different, and being aware of the difference is essential to know when to perform which activity to get desired results.